ISO 14001:2015 Explained
In September of 2015 ISO 14001 was revised. ISO 14001 is one of the most popular environmental management system standards.
Organizations who implement the standard benefit in performance and in their bottom line for several reasons:
- It is easier for organizations to incorporate into their core business process.
- The revised standard ensures environmental management is completely integrated and aligned with the business strategies of the organization.
- Leadership is involved in the management system which helps keep the organization motivated towards its goals and objectives.
- It is focused on the need to protect the environment and improve environmental performance.
- It is easier to implement multiple integrated management systems.
For more information on this revision, watch ISO’s video on the release of ISO 14001:2015: